Monday, March 1, 2010

What Our Children Will Say

As some of you know, I meet with 8-10 guys on Tuesday mornings at 5AM. I call it Fellas @ 5. I had a burden to see a group of men in our congregation catch a vision for Biblical manhood . . . I've never, however, had a burden for 5AM! This semester we are focusing on Proverbs and what I am calling "Father Knows Best." Should the Lord give us tomorrow morning I am going to ask the men the following questions based on Proverbs 3:

1. Will our children say that we modeled for them how to write God's Word on their hearts?
2. Will our children say that we modeled for them how to trust in the Lord with all their heart?
3. Will our children say that we modeled for them how to turn from evil in the fear of the Lord?
4. Will our children say that we modeled for them how to honor the Lord with their wealth?
5. Will our children say that we modeled for them how to embrace and love the Lord's discipline?

May Arabella, Adalaide, and Adoniram say this and more. If they do say these things, it will only be because the Lord's mercies are new for me every day. May we not squander the opportunity to parent for the good of our children and the glory of God.