Saturday, March 13, 2010

We Make it Our Aim to Please Him

In 2 Cor. 5:9, Paul says, "So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him." Did you see what Paul just said? Wherever we are (in context: Heaven or earth), we have ONE aim: Pleasing Christ. Is this your aim in life? Is this the aim of the church you attend? Oh, by His mercies that are new every day, may we make it our aim to please Jesus. May we not just live to please ourselves or to please the world or to even just please well-meaning friends. May our aim instead be from the early hours of the morning to the late moments in the evening: one aim - pleasing Christ. Whether we are in a room full of people or in a quiet solitary place may we have one aim: pleasing Christ. May we by the Spirit put to death the deeds of the flesh and may we be transformed by the renewing of our minds, so we can know and do what God wants. What is that? Pleasing Christ. Now having shared all of this, I wonder if you would do something that I will do for you? Would you pray that I would live this? Would you pray that this would be evident in my life and the cry of my heart? Would you pray that as I preach tonight and tomorrow morning in Atlanta that my one aim would be to please Christ? Would you pray that as I interact with youth ministers or as I sit quietly in a hotel room that I will have one aim: pleasing Christ? So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him.